Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wedding Bells and Airplanes

Dan and I are currently in the process of packing bags and shutting down the house, trying to lasso a dog that has entered into a state of bag-and-suitcase panic.  We've left three weeks of assignments with the students at the school and have just finished our second round of examinations.  We've planned and prepared and waited and waited and waited.  And now:

We're going home!  

My little brother is getting married on June 22, 2013 in New Bern, North Carolina.  

It's going to be a long journey, but Dan and I are so, so happy.  We'll be home for 16 days. 

Today, we're leaving Zobue.  We're making our way to Johannesburg and, from there, to New York City.   I'm so excited that my hair is standing on end.  I been dancing on tip-toe for the last fourteen days and now I am practically floating, zooming around the house in a whirlwind of happiness.

So tchauzinho, Mozambique.  Tchauzinho, Mr. Bwino Bear.  Little goodbyes to everyone! We'll be back in July.  But for now, we're going home!

My sister's wedding in July 2011 (My brother, sister, and me)
For this wedding, I flew from San Francisco to Philadelphia.
Luckily, it was a wonderful wedding
(My sister, with her new extended family)
Now I have to go a little bit farther.
The future Mr. and Mrs. Nathan Scarbrough!
We're thrilled and proud and very, very excited.  Até já, família!  Until already, indeed!

1 comment:

  1. Vacation! And a US vacation! I hope you enjoy your time at home so much!

    ReplyDelete